Virtual Team Challenge
The Virtual Team Challenge (VTC), runs every year from January 1–31. Follow the directions below to participate!
- Each team completes as many meters as they can collectively between 12:00 a.m. January 1 and 11:59 p.m. January 31.
- This is a team challenge. You must belong to a team to participate. This is not the same as your club affiliation in your profile. See "Information for Team Members" below.
- Teams must consist of at least two (2) people.
- Important: Complete the following tasks by January 15 or your team will not be enrolled in the challenge and/or your team members' meters will not count for the challenge:
- Your team must be enrolled in this year's VTC. (See the Team Administration page for details.)
- All team members must be added to your team.
- Team members who have their own logbooks must indicate in their logbooks that they are actively participating in the current challenge. (See the Team Member page for more information.)
- Team members may only be deleted from the team before midnight ET on January 15. No team members can be deleted after January 15.
- Meters must be entered online. Because of the large number of participants in the challenge, we cannot accept results via phone, fax or email. We suggest that any members who have access to the internet create their own profile so that they can enter their own results.
- Meters completed each week should be entered no later than midnight on Friday of that week. This works on the honor system. It makes it fair and fun for everyone if you can watch the progress of the teams that you are competing against.
- Concept2 reserves the right to ask for proof of meter totals if they seem suspect and to disqualify any team from the challenge who we feel is not participating honestly.
- Indoor rower and SkiErg meters only (no on water or on snow meters please).
- Deadline for entering meters: February 3 by midnight ET.
Who Can Participate
Virtual teams (not based on or around a specific physical location) can be made up of anyone from anywhere who wants to participate—friends, family, co-workers, old schoolmates, rowing teammates, and so on. Teams can also be real "clubs" with a physical location. Team captains will be asked to indicate their club division when registering their team for the first time. The choices are:
- Corporate fitness
- Correctional facility
- Health club
- Medical facility
- Rowing club
- School/university club
There will be separate Honor Boards for each club division, so you can compare your club's performance with other similar clubs. Team standings in all divisions will be posted online throughout the duration of the challenge.
Incentives and Rewards
Anyone who participates in the challenge is eligible for the following incentives and rewards, regardless of how many meters are completed:
- A free downloadable certificate of achievement
- The option to purchase Virtual Team Challenge items at our third-party vendor (availability varies by country)
- Inclusion on the Virtual Team Challenge Honor Board—a list of all the teams and team members participating in the challenge.
Instructional posters are available through the Concept2 CTS Brochure Request page for all US and Canadian participants.
Information for Team Members
Please visit the Team Member page for more information on how to join a team.
Important: Team members need to confirm their participation in each challenge. Visit the Team Member page for more information.
Information for Team Captains
Teams need to enroll for each year's Virtual Team Challenge (teams who have participated in the VTC in the past are not automatically enrolled for the current year's challenge). Please visit the Team Administration page for more information on how to setup and manage a team.