- Row and/or ski as many meters as you can from February 1 to February 28.
- Set your Online Logbook to your military affiliation (more info below) and log your meters in your logbook.
- Indoor rower and SkiErg meters only (no on water/on snow meters please). You can combine meters from each machine.
- Open to all able-bodied and adaptive athletes who are or have been in the military (no civilians please).
- Deadline for entering meters: March 3.
How To Participate
- You must have an online logbook at concept2.com (it's FREE!) and all of your meters must be entered into your online logbook. If you don't already have one, visit the Online Logbook home page, click Register under New User and follow the directions.
- Once you have your online logbook, set your affiliation. In your online logbook, go to Profile > Edit Profile and set your affiliation to the military branch and organization of your choice. If you don't see yours listed, email the name of the branch and organization to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add it to our database. Participation is open to anyone who is or has been affiliated with a particular military branch and organization (worldwide).
- After you row/ski, record your meters in your online logbook, then watch the Military Challenge Standings to see how your branch and organization stack up to the other military affiliations.
- Visit the Challenges page in your online logbook. This page automatically recognizes your participation and displays instructions for claiming your rewards.
Incentives and Rewards
Participants who meet the challenge can enjoy:
- A free downloadable certificate of achievement
- The ability to purchase Military Challenge items through our third-party fulfillment vendor (availability varies by country)
To encourage participation between able-bodied and adaptive participants, the multiplication factors outlined below will be used when calculating meters for the Military Challenge Standings to compensate for different levels of ability.
To set an adaptive classification, go to Profile > Edit Profile in your online logbook. Learn more about adaptive classifications.
|AS||Arms and Shoulders||1.9|
|TA||Trunk and Arms||1.6|
|LTA–VI||Leg Trunk and Arms–Blind or Visually Impaired||1.1|
|LTA–ID||Leg Trunk and Arms–Traumatic Brain Injury||1.1|
|LTA–AK||Leg Trunk and Arms–Single Leg, Above the Knee Amputee||1.4|
|LTA–PD||Leg Trunk and Arms–Physically Disabled||1.3|
|Functional Electrical Stimulation||1.8|
|Leg Trunk and Arms–Double Leg or Bilateral, Above the Knee Amputee||1.6|