BikeErg World Sprints
The BikeErg World Sprints are a virtual indoor cycling championships modeled after the successful SkiErg World Sprints.
When and Where
The BikeErg World Sprints takes place between July 6-10, 2022. This is a virtual race that can take place anywhere in the world, all you need is a BikeErg!
- Complete a single workout of exactly 4000 meters on the Concept2 BikeErg at your club, gym, school or home July 6-10, 2022.
- Workouts MUST be set up as a single distance 4000m workout (On a PM5: Select Workout > New Workout > Single Distance > set distance to 4000m). Interval workouts, even with zero rest, will not be accepted.
- If asked to verify the calibration you MUST do so.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by July 11 21:00 GMT (17:00 ET).
- Events should send their results by email to email@example.com using the result form below. Results must be emailed by July 11 21:00 GMT (17:00 ET).
Late submissions cannot be accepted. All results MUST be submitted by July 11 21:00 GMT (17:00 ET).
Due to the time required to compile and check race results, final results should be ready by 12 pm GMT on July 12, 2022.
Need some help preparing? Check out our training plan:
How To Enter
As An Individual
If you have a PM5, we recommend using ErgData to upload your results to your Online Logbook. Alternatively, if you'd rather use a USB stick with your PM5, you can use the Concept2 Utility to upload your time. It is also possible to enter the result manually into your online logbook.
You must set the monitor for a single distance piece of 4000m. If you don't know how to do this, check out Setting Up A Single Distance Workout. If you're using a PM3, PM4 or PM5 and are manually entering the piece, make sure you get the verification code. You can enter the code when you add your result to your Online Logbook. (If you've already entered your result, simply edit it, and you'll have the option to enter the code again.)
It’s important that the piece is done between July 6-10, 2022. If you’re uploading the piece, or want to enter a verification code for a manual ride, make sure the date on the monitor is correct before you do your piece. You can check and correct the date on your monitor by following the instructions here: Setting Date and Time On Your PM5.
Important: For the BikeErg World Sprints, only verified and calibrated times will be accepted. Not only must your time be verified by entering it using an app like ErgData or by using a verification code, you must also make sure you complete the verification calibration if the BikeErg asks you to do one before your piece. If you do not complete the calibration when asked, your time will not be seen as verified by the Logbook.
From an Event or Race
If submitting results from an event or race in a venue, please use the results form below. Results submitted in any other format may not be accepted.
Important: This form is for organized events with witnesses only. Individuals should enter their result via their Logbook. Individual entries using this form will not be accepted.
Verification: Please ensure someone witnesses and confirms the final time for all pieces submitted as part of an event, as well as ensuring that the individual does the verification calibration if requested.
We realise that due to the pandemic it may still be hard to run an organized BikeErg World Sprints this year. Please only run an event if you are able to do so safely.
Incentives and Rewards
- Inclusion on the results board.
- A specially designed downloadable certificate will be available after 12 pm GMT on July 12, 2022.
There are separate results for men and women.
- Junior 18