Mud Season Madness
"5000 meters a day keeps Mud Season Madness at bay"
Here in northern New England (home of Concept2's headquarters), we have a "fifth season" that happens in between winter and spring—Mud Season! This is when the snow melts and our many dirt roads get really muddy—sometimes even impassable. It's a good time for an indoor workout, so join us for the Mud Season Madness Challenge!
- There are two levels of participation:
- The Basic Challenge: Row, ski or ride 5000 meters each day for 25 days or more in March.
- The Advanced Challenge: Row, ski or ride 10,000 meters each day for 25 days or more in March.
- Note: BikeErg meters are counted as half when applied to the challenge.
- This is an individual challenge. There is no sign up. You do not need to belong to a team to participate.
- Meters must be entered online in your online logbook.
- Indoor rower, SkiErg and BikeErg meters only (no on water/on snow meters please). You can combine meters from each machine to reach the daily total of 5000 or 10,000 meters.
- Kid's Mud Season Madness Challenge allows kids (aged 16 and under) to participate at 2500 meters.
- Adaptive athletes can choose to participate at the 2500m, 5000m, or 10k levels.
Who Can Participate
Anyone with an online logbook at concept2.com can participate in this challenge.
Incentives and Rewards
Participants who meet the challenge can enjoy:
- Hall of Fame—All those who are on-track for at least 5000 meters for at least 25 days during the month of March will be listed in the Mud Season Madness Progress Board and will be able to download a specially designed certificate.
- For kids and adaptive athletes, the incentives and rewards go into effect at 2500 meters.
- The option to purchase Mud Season Madness items from our third-party fulfillment vendor (availability varies by country).
- Prize drawings are held every day in March from all the people who have done at least 5000 meters (2500 meters for adaptive athletes) or at least 10,000 meters that day and entered it in their online logbook. Note: BikeErg meters are counted as half when applied to the challenge. The more days you complete, the more you increase your chances of winning!
- Prizes vary from day to day, but will include Concept2 T-shirts, Rowing Shorts, and Hats (prize value ranges from $18-53)! One or two winners are selected randomly per day for each day of the drawing.
- Drawings are held at (or soon after) noon each weekday for the previous day, so be sure to enter your meters promptly! The winner will be notified by email the same day their name is drawn, and announced on our website at 2023 Mud Season Madness Winners.
- Prizes will be shipped by Fedex or UPS Ground free of charge to winners. No purchase is necessary to win. Prizes available for US residents only. Limit one prize per person.
- The giveaway is sponsored by Concept2. Entrant releases Concept2, Inc. and its agents from any liability arising from the publicity of entrant’s identity and from any claim, demand or loss whatsoever arising from or related to this giveaway or its prize. Concept2, Inc. is not responsible for any technological or other impediment preventing a winner from receiving the prize nor for any tax liability arising from the prize. The prize cannot be substituted for any other prize or exchanged for cash. Concept2 employees and their household members are not eligible. Odds of winning are dependent on number of eligible Mud Season Madness Challenge participants. Void in Rhode Island or where prohibited by law.