Mud Season Madness
"5000 meters a day keeps Mud Season Madness at bay"
Here in northern New England (home of Concept2's headquarters), we have a "fifth season" that happens in between winter and spring—Mud Season! This is when the snow melts and our many dirt roads get really muddy—sometimes even impassable. It's a good time for an indoor workout, so join us for the Mud Season Madness Challenge!
- Choose from two levels of participation:
- The Basic Challenge: Row, ski or ride 5000 meters each day for 25 days or more in March.
- The Advanced Challenge: Row, ski or ride 10,000 meters each day for 25 days or more in March.
- Note: BikeErg meters are counted as half when applied to the challenge.
- This is an individual challenge. You do not need to belong to a team to participate.
- Meters must be entered online in your online logbook.
- Indoor rower, SkiErg and BikeErg meters only (no on water/on snow meters please). You can combine meters from each machine to reach the daily total of 5000 or 10,000 meters.
- Kid's Mud Season Madness Challenge allows kids (aged 16 and under) to participate at 2500 meters.
- Adaptive athletes can choose to participate at the 2500m, 5000m, or 10k levels.
Who Can Participate
Anyone with an online logbook at concept2.com can participate in this challenge.
Incentives and Rewards
Participants who meet the challenge can enjoy:
- Prize drawings are held every day from all the people who have done at least 5000 meters (2500 meters for kids and adaptive athletes) that day and entered it in their online logbook. The more days you complete, the more you increase your chances of winning!
- On randomly selected days during March, we will draw for an additional prize from those who complete at least 10,000 meters (2500 meters for kids and adaptive athletes).
- Prizes vary from day to day, but will include Concept2 clothing, heart rate monitors and some surprises!
- Drawings are held at (or soon after) noon each weekday for the previous day, so be sure to enter your meters promptly! We will post names of winners on the web site.
- Hall of Fame—All those who are on-track for at least 5000 meters for at least 25 days during the month of March will be listed in the Mud Season Madness Progress Board and will be able to download a specially designed certificate.
- For kids and adaptive athletes, the incentives and rewards go into effect at 2500 meters.