World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints
The World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints are an initiative between Concept2 and World Rowing.
When and Where
The Indoor Sprints takes place between March 10-14, 2021. As to where it takes place—that's entirely up to you! Unlike a traditional race, the World Rowing Indoor Sprints can take place anywhere in the world. You can take part on your own or in an organized event. This year, for the first time, there's the possibility to take in an online race.
- Race 1,000 meters on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) at your club, gym, school or home March 10-14, 2021.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by March 16 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET).
- Events should send their results by email to email@example.com using the result form below. Results must be emailed by March 16 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET). Late entries will not be accepted.
- Due to the time required to compile and check race results, final results should be ready by 5 pm GMT on March 16, 2021.
Late submissions cannot be accepted. All results MUST be submitted by March 16 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET).
How To Enter
As An Individual
If you have a PM5, we recommend using ErgData to upload your results to your Online Logbook. As well as making it simple to sync your workout, it will also mean your piece is automatically marked as verified. Alternatively, if you'd rather use a USB stick with your PM5, you can use the Concept2 Utility to upload your time. It is also possible to enter the result manually into your online logbook.
You must set the monitor for a single distance piece of 1000m. If you don't know how to do this, check out Setting Up A Single Distance Workout. If you're using a PM3, PM4 or PM5 and are manually entering the piece, make sure you get the verification code if you want it to appear as verified. You can enter the code when you add your result to your Online Logbook. (If you've already entered your result, simply edit it, and you'll have the option to enter the code again.)
It’s important that the piece is done between March 10-14, 2021. If you’re uploading the piece, or want to enter a verification code for a manual row, make sure the date on the monitor is correct before you do your piece. You can check and correct the date on your monitor by following the instructions here: Setting Date and Time On Your PM5.
From An Organized Event
If you're a race organizer submitting results for an event or race, please use the spreadsheet below. Results submitted in any other format may not be accepted.
Important: This form is for organised events with independent witnesses only. If you're an individual or household you should enter results via the Logbook. Individual entries using this form will not be accepted.
We realise that due to the pandemic it may be hard to run an event for the Indoor Sprints this year. Please only run an event if you are able to do so safely.
From An Online Race
For the first time you can now enter the Indoor Sprints as part of an online virtual race. Concept2’s new ErgRace Online platform will be running a 1000m race on the hour, every hour throughout the course of the competition.
After the race, your time will automatically be uploaded to the Logbook and will count for the Indoor Sprints if it’s your fastest 1000m time.
To take part, you’ll need the following:
- A PM5 – unfortunately ErgRace Online is PM5 only.
- The latest firmware for your monitor.
- The ErgRace Online app – this can be downloaded from the App Store or via our ErgRace Mobile page.
- The competition code of 6585992428, which you'll need to enter in the app.
For more information, and a simple how-to-video, check out the ErgRace Mobile page.
Note: ErgRace Online is still under development. While we hope there won't be any issues, if you’re not able to join the race, you can still row and just submit your results via the Logbook.
Incentives and Rewards
- Inclusion on the results board.
- A downloadable certificate available after the final results at 5 pm GMT on March 16, 2021.
- A special certificate will be available to download to the top three male and female times in each category. Categories are listed below.
There are separate results for men and women, with lightweight categories for rowers aged 19 and above. There are also adaptive/para-rowing categories for both men and women.
- 12 and under
- Lightweight Women: <= 61.5 kg (135 lbs)
- Heavyweight Women: > 61.6 kg (135 lbs)
- Lightweight Men: <= 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Heavyweight Men: > 75 kg (165 lbs)
- PR3-II (Leg, Trunk and Arms - Intellectual Impairment)
- PR3 (Leg, Trunk and Arms)
- PR2 (Trunk and Arms)
- PR1 (Arms and Shoulders)