World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints
When and Where
The Indoor Sprints takes place between March 4-8, 2020. As to where it takes place—that's entirely up to you! Unlike a traditional race, the World Rowing Indoor Sprints can take place anywhere in the world. You can take part on your own or in an organized event. We're excited to see how widespread this gets!
- Race 1,000 meters on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) at your club, gym, school or home March 4-8, 2020.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by March 10 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET).
- Events should send their results by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the result form below. If you submit 10 or more results from an event held by your club or team, you’ll be entered in a raffle for a new indoor rower for your facility. For each additional 10 entries, you’ll get an extra ticket in the raffle. Results must be emailed by March 10 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET). Late entries will not be accepted.
Late submissions cannot be accepted. All results MUST be submitted by March 10 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET).
Due to the time required to compile and check race results, final results should be ready by 5 pm GMT on March 10, 2020.
If submitting results from an event or race, please use the spreadsheet below. Results submitted in any other format may not be accepted.
Important: This form is for organised events with witnesses only. Individuals should enter their result via their Logbook. Individual entries using this form will not be accepted.
Incentives and Rewards
- Inclusion on the results board.
- A specially designed downloadable certificate available after the final results at 5 pm GMT on March 10, 2020.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female times in each category. Categories are listed below.
To all medal winners: The mailing of all medals is delayed indefinitely due to Coronavirus, and Vermont’s mandated stay-at-home order. Once we are back in the office, we will work quickly to mail all the medals out. Thank you for your patience.
There are separate results for men and women, with lightweight categories for rowers aged 19 and above. There are also adaptive/para-rowing categories for both men and women.
- 12 and under
- Lightweight Women: <= 61.5 kg (135 lbs)
- Heavyweight Women: > 61.6 kg (135 lbs)
- Lightweight Men: <= 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Heavyweight Men: > 75 kg (165 lbs)
- PR3 (Leg, Trunk and Arms)
- PR2 (Trunk and Arms)
- PR1 (Arms and Shoulders)
Adaptive Age Categories
- 12 and under