World Erg Challenge
The World Erg Challenge runs every year from March 15–April 15. Get a team together and see how many meters you can complete!
- Each team rows or skis as many meters as they can collectively between 12:00 a.m. March 15 and 11:59 p.m. April 15.
- This is a team challenge. You must belong to a team to participate. This is not the same as your club affiliation in your profile. See "Information for Team Members" below.
- Teams must consist of at least two (2) people.
- Important: Complete the following tasks by April 1 or your team will not be enrolled in the challenge and/or your team members' meters will not count for the challenge:
- Your team must be enrolled in this year's WEC. (See the Team Administration page for details.)
- All team members must be added to your team.
- Team members who have their own logbooks must indicate in their logbooks that they are actively participating in the current challenge. (See the Team Member page for more information.)
- Team members may only be deleted from the team before midnight ET on April 1. No team members can be deleted after April 1.
- Indoor rower and SkiErg meters only (no on water or on snow meters please).
- Meters must be entered online. Because of the large number of participants in the challenge, we cannot accept results via phone, fax or email. We suggest that any members who have access to the internet create their own profile so that they can enter their own results.
- Meters rowed or skied each week should be entered no later than midnight on Friday of that week. This works on the honor system. It makes it fair and fun for everyone if you can watch the progress of the teams that you are competing against.
- Concept2 reserves the right to ask for proof of meter totals if they seem suspect and to disqualify any team from the challenge who we feel is not participating honestly.
- Deadline for entering meters: April 18 at midnight ET.
Who Can Participate
Teams must be an established "club," under one of the following divisions:
- Corporate fitness
- Correctional facility
- Health club
- Medical facility
- Rowing club
- School/university club
Virtual, long-distance, purely electronic groupings of rowers and people and/or individuals not affiliated with a club will be allowed, but will not be eligible for prizes. Additionally, only clubs located in the US and Canada are eligible to receive prizes.
Team standings in all divisions will be posted online throughout the duration of the challenge. There will be separate Honor Boards for each club division, so you can compare your club's performance with other similar clubs.
Incentives and Rewards
- There will be prizes for the top ten:
- Individual men and women (20 winners total)
- Individual male and female adaptive athletes (20 winners total)
- Kids 16 & under (male and female combined; 10 winners total)
- There will be prizes for an additional 10 men and 10 women by random draw from all those completing at least 100,000 meters (50,000 meters for kids and adaptive athletes) during the challenge.
- The club with the greatest number of meters completed will win their choice of a Model D or Model E Indoor Rower, or a SkiErg (US & Canada clubs only).
- The club with the greatest number of meters completed per participant (minimum of five people per team to qualify for this prize) will win their choice of a Model D or Model E Indoor Rower, or a SkiErg (US & Canada clubs only).
- We will have two random draws for a Model D or Model E Indoor Rower, or a SkiErg from all participating clubs having at least five members on their team (US & Canada clubs only).
- Specially designed certificates of completion will be available via download to all participants.
- Virtual teams and their participants are not eligible to receive shipped prizes.
- Indoor rower/SkiErg prizes are only available for clubs in the US & Canada as we cannot ship these products overseas.
Instructional Posters are available through the Concept2 CTS Brochure Request page for all US and Canadian participants.
Information for Team Members
Please visit the Team Member page for more information on how to join a team.
Important: Team members need to confirm they intend to take part in each challenge. Visit the Team Member page for more information.
Information for Team Captains
Teams need to enroll for each year's World Erg Challenge (teams who have participated in the WEC in the past are not automatically enrolled for the current year's challenge). Please visit the Team Administration page for more information on how to setup and run a team.