World Rowing Indoor Sprints
When and Where
The Indoor Sprints takes place between March 10-12, 2017. As to where it takes place—that's entirely up to you! Unlike a traditional race, the World Rowing Indoor Sprints can take place anywhere in the world. You can take part on your own or in an organized event. We're excited to see how widespread this gets!
- Race 1,000 meters on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) at your club, gym, school or home March 10-12, 2017.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by 9 a.m. GMT on March 14, 2017.
- Events should send their results by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the result form below. If you submit 20 or more individual results from an event held by your club or team, you’ll be entered in a raffle for a new indoor rower for your facility. Results must be emailed by 9 a.m. GMT on March 14, 2017.
- There will also be a separate raffle for events held in World Rowing development countries where there are 10 or more competitors. Email email@example.com if you have a question about whether your country qualifies.
Late submissions cannot be accepted. All results MUST be submitted by 9 a.m. GMT on March 14, 2017.
If submitting results from an event or race, please use the spreadsheet below. Results submitted in any other format may not be accepted.
Incentives and Rewards
- Inclusion on the results board.
- A specially designed downloadable certificate.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female times in each category. Categories are listed below.
There are separate results for men and women, with lightweight categories for rowers aged 19 and above. There are also adaptive/para-rowing categories for both men and women.
- 12 and under
- Lightweight Women: <= 61.5 kg (135 lbs)
- Heavyweight Women: > 61.6 kg (135 lbs)
- Lightweight Men: <= 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Heavyweight Men: > 75 kg (165 lbs)
- LTA (Leg, Trunk and Arms)
- TA (Trunk and Arms)
- AS (Arms and Shoulders)